Tuesday, July 10, 2007

brainstorming

today i was assigned a project to brainstorm ideas for radio promotions for hawthorne heights. like... playing lazer tag with the band. i came up with a pretty decent list and sent it jaclyn's way (Nicki Loranger's assistant). She liked some of the ideas so hopefully they get used!

Also, the power went out today. luckily it was right around lunchtime so most people just went to lunch (that's what we did.. even though i didn't eat.. i brought lunch but took my break anyway).

I need music to function. Brian always tells me to turn it off. that makes me upset. he's like the mean brother i never had (i have a nice brother). well, that's not completely true, i love brian, he just gets on my nerves sometimes. i'm a little too chill for his super dramatic over-the-top ways.

I've been a little homesick i think. it's pretty lonely out here.. working all the time. i don't have time or a really good reason to make good friends. my roommates are great.. but i need some people around that like all the same things i do. i have my fingers crossed that my friend melanie will make it out here for a few days.. and i'm really, really glad that glen is coming out here to hang out with me. i'll be done with work and we can hang out and see the sights. i haven't seen my family in forever.. luckily they'll be home when i get there in august.

debbie is going to be here thursday! i'm excited to see her. we're all going out to eat and trekking up the hill to the hollywood sign (which i STILL haven't seen) with the new LA person for mcnally. luckily i don't have to work saturday. but, that just means i'll probably have to work all day sunday. my feet are dreading it. just 2 more weekends there!! phew. and only 2 1/2 more weeks here at the firm! weird.

brian is falling asleep at the desk next to me. we have barely an hour left and there's not much to do. oh nevermind, his head is up again. haha. ahh.

hopefully i have some more interesting stuff for you later this week.

peace out
amanda p.

No comments: